2016 Art Retreat On The Prairie
Hello fellow Artists!
I am hosting the Art Retreat on the Prairie Charm Swap this November. Both students and instructors are invited to join in the swap. You don’t want to miss out on a chance to receive a beautiful handmade treasure from a fellow Artist.
Charm Swap Guidelines
There is not a participant limit. Be prepared to create a set number of charms once we have everyone signed up, plus two extra as a gift for our beautiful hostesses, Erin and Barb!
The deadline for signing up for the charm swap is Monday October 17, 2016. At that time a final charm count will be determined and announced. Once we have the count then we will let everyone know.
To sign up for Charm Swap, contact Liz Bell at email@example.com. I will then notify you by email to confirm that you are on the Charm Swap list. Remember you must email me personally to participate.
Charm Swap Theme
Due to the short notice and time constraints the theme this year is “Let Your Free Spirit Shine” Your charm may be as simple or elaborate as you wish to create. Let your imagination and creative spirit guide you but not constrain you. This is your chance to show us who you are as a designer and an artist! I can’t wait to see what ya’ll come up with.
A few specifications to go by:
- Attach a jump ring to your charms
- Charms should be wearable
- Package each charm in a clear poly bag, include your name and e-mail with each charm
- Place the bags in a larger poly bag with your name, e-mail and contact number. Deliver the charms to the designated drop off location. (see below)
- Charms should be safe and Saturday for everyday wear, which means no lead, no sharp edges, no feathers, shells or other materials that might pose a problem for flyers clearing customs or going through security checkpoints. Should you use and type of glues or sealants please make sure they are completely dry before placing them in the poly bags.
The designated drop off location will be at the registration table when you arrive at the Retreat. There will be a sign that tells you that’s the place.
The drop-off deadline is Wednesday November 2nd by 4:30 pm. Look for “Charm Swap” sign. You may drop them off prior to that time if you like. If you plan on mailing your charms to me please let me know and I’ll give you my address. I will need to have mailed charms no later than Friday October 28th!
You can pick up your Charm Swap treats at the Retreat registration table on Friday November 4th from 4:15 to 5pm. Look for Charm Swap signage to direct you. Allow yourself enough time to meet and visit with your fellow “Charmed” artists. If for some reason you are unable to make it please contact me and I will make sure you get your charms.
If you need to have your charms mailed to you, include your mailing info and postage for Priority Postage(I will get the amount) in the large bag that contains your charms. I will mail out your charms when I return home from our retreat.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! See you on the Prairie!